Now that it’s about halfway through August, I thought I’d be safe to start posting unboxing of July subscription boxes! This is a new feature that I’m trying out so let me know in the comments if this is something you’re interested in.
The Company: Litjoy Crate
About: Litjoy Crate is a bookish box subscription company! They have three different subscriptions that you can choose from. Additionally, you can do one-month boxes and, if you’re super bummed you missed out on a previous one, check out their shop to see if there are any extras in stock. The three subscriptions are…
– A monthly Young Adult book crate: this crate comes with 1 new-release YA book and 2-4 carefully curated and useful book-themed items! This crate is appropriate for a reader age 14 and older.
– A quarterly Middle Grade book crate: this crate comes with 1 new-release and 1 paperback Middle Grade book, a reader’s guide to accompany the new-release book, and 2-4 book-themed fun interactive items! This crate is appropriate for a reader ages 8-13.
– A monthly Picture book crate: this crate comes with 1 new-release Picture book and 2-4 book-themed items that encourage early readers! This crate is appropriate for a reader ages 3-6″
Litjoy is one of my favorite YA subscription boxes because I usually love their book choices and they tend to include really high quality, useful items. Plus, they feature a different artist each month, which I think is absolutely fantastic (not to mention excellent for my collection of bookish art!).
July’s “Magicians” box contained….
- Orange Blossom Perfume Roller from Wick and Fable
- Jane Austen playing cards from Prospero Art
- Book Locket Necklace
- New York Jazz coloring book from Walter Foster
- Inej art print from @offbeatworlds
- Drop Cap postcard for this month’s challenge
- The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell
You can read my review for The Last Magicians here. I was lucky enough to read an ARC of the book and was so happy to get a finished copy!
Isn’t the rollerball perfume absolutely stunning?? I still haven’t used it but I think I will on the next date night with the boyfriend. Wick and Fable did an awesome job and I’m definitely going to invest in some more of their scents in the future.
Featuring the lovely artwork from July’s artist of the month! I seriously couldn’t believe how she made Inej (From the Six of Crows duology) come alive. This is now one of my favorite prints and I’m debating getting it framed. And seeing if there’s anyway that I can also obtain Kaz and Nina prints from the same artist.
I’m so happy that I got July’s crate! Litjoy hasn’t let me down yet and I’ve been a subscriber since March 2017. In book subscription boxes, the main thing I look at is the quality of the items and the books they pick. The quality of the items from Litjoy is always excellent. Additionally, I haven’t gotten a book yet from this one that’s been less than a 4 star read and most of them have actually been 5 star reads.
I can’t wait to get the August “Wonder Woman” crate! It’s curate by Leigh Bardugo and I can’t wait to see what she’s picked for it.
*Note: I purchased this box myself and all opinions are my own.